A sea open to everyone
Barcelona Capital Nautica launches an international photography contest with the concept “An Open Sea for Everyone”.
- The iconic image that represents what the sea means to human beings is sought.
- The contest aims to support the upcoming UNESCO ocean conference to be held in Barcelona from April 10 to 12.
- The winning photographs will receive a prize of 1,000 euros.,
The Fundació Barcelona Capital Nàutica is searching the world for the iconic image that represents “An Open Sea for Everyone” and to find it, launches an international photography contest. This contest, held in support of the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development Conference 2024, invites amateur and professional photographers from around the world to share their unique vision of the sea.
The aim of the contest is to showcase the diverse perspectives on people’s relationship with the sea, promoting global participation and artistic and creative expression. Through this contest, the Fundació Barcelona Capital Nàutica seeks to consolidate Barcelona and Catalonia as nautical references, promoting aspects such as nautical activities, sports, sustainability, education, the blue economy, and maritime culture.
The contest is now open and photographs can be submitted until March 11, 2024. It is open for free participation to people from all over the world. Those interested in participating should do so through the Agora Awards app (available at no cost on App Store and Google Play), a Catalan digital platform with global reach that seeks to give visibility to global talent through its recognized awards.
Three prizes of 1,000 euros each will be awarded among the finalist photographs: the prize for the most-voted photograph by the international community, the prize for the photograph selected by the jury, and the prize for the best photograph representing “An Open Sea for Everyone” in Catalonia.
The “An Open Sea for Everyone” contest is open from today until March 11. The finalists will be announced on March 15, when voting begins. The three winning photographs will be revealed during the UNESCO Ocean Conference in Barcelona in April.
Accepted formats: .jpg
Prizes for the winners:
2 prizes of Jury’s Choice Winners
Two prizes of 1000 euros
People’s Choice Winner
PRIZES FOR THE 50 FINALISTS
Share your talent
Being a finalist in an Agora Award is already an amazing achievement and always has great visibility and recognition worldwide. This is the best prize!
Many people vote and discover new talented work. Congratulations to all finalists!
The finalists will win credits
After the voting rounds, depending on the final ranking position, finalists will earn credits that they can use to:
– To give power to their favorite creations ⚡
– To participate with more submissions in future Awards.
The credits the finalists will win for each position are the following:
Prizes for everyone
Every single person can win in Agora Awards. Find out how:
Guess the Jury Winner and win credits
The Guess feature allows you to speculate on who will win the jury vote. You can wager credits and, in return, win more credits:
- Win 30 credits for a free bet
- 50 credits if you spend 5 credits
- 100 credits if you spend 10 credits
- 500 credits if you spend 50 credits
Win 20 credit when complete your votes each round
Every time you use all your votes in each round of an award, you will receive 20 credit. The more times you vote, the more credits you will earn.
Will be composed by institutional people from Barcelona
proposed by Barcelona Capital Nautica Foundation.
Agora is “The Worldwide Awards.” A tool to give visibility to the best worldwide creations, ideas, and actions. Everyone, everywhere, can participate for free in The Worldwide Awards and win recognition and prizes for their unique talent.
Agora is a system to create a better world with the most inspiring human activity. Because everyone is different, but together we win. Thanks for your collaboration.
Frequently asked questions
What are the Agora Awards?
The Agora Awards are The Worldwide Awards. Awards to give recognition, grants, and prizes to the best-talented people around the planet.
Each award has two winners:
- Jury’s Prize: A professional jury invited specially to be the jury of a specific award.
- People’s Prize: People worldwide vote in a fair and secure system, and the most voted creation will win the People’s Prize.
How can I participate?
The Agora Awards are free for everyone to participate through our app or website. You can participate with your creations, ideas, or actions, and win worldwide recognition and opportunities because of your unique talent. Also, you can vote and empower talented people around the globe!
What are the rules of participation
- Be an original creation of the author submitting it or the person submitting it owns the rights of the work.
- That fits the theme of the award.
- That has quality.
- That does not contain explicit sex or violence.
- That is respectful of human rights and the dignity of people, animals, and nature.
- That is suitable for all audiences.
- That respects cultures and differences.
- Racism, xenophobia, sexism, speciesism, fascism, homophobia, and any form of intolerance are not welcome at Agora, a place for all those who respect the differences of each person and community.
Can I participate several times in an Award?
How are the finalists chosen
How do I know if I'm a finalist?
What are the prizes?
How do the People’s Prize voting rounds work?
What are the credits for?
Terms & Conditions
The user who uploads the photo must be the author of the photo or have the intellectual property rights of the photo.
- The author of the photo must have the image rights or consent of all the people who appear on it.
Terms and conditions
- Agora may use any material that is added to the contest for promotional purposes.
- Stolen photos, third parties, pornographic content or that violate human rights or the dignity of people are not allowed.
- Uploading photos that are not allowed may result in the deletion of the user account and, if the law is violated, the complaint to the relevant authorities.
- Agora reserves the right to remove any image that does not comply with the terms and conditions.
- Neither AGORA nor the application has any relationship with Apple Inc. or any other company. Apple Inc. and any other company are completely released from any responsibility for the creation and computer development of the Application.
The number of hearts received is important (although not decisive) for a submission to become a finalist in the Worldwide Awards. In the case of becoming a finalist, the number of hearts determines the starting position in the voting system.
Every time you get +1000 hearts, Agora gifts you +5 credits.
Support the best creations with your love ❤️
Thanking is wise. You can thank all those people who help you with their hearts in your creations. The number of thanks you’re receiving will accumulate in your profile as a representation of the help you are giving to the Agora community.
Every time you get +1000 ThankYous, Agora gifts you +5 credits.
By the way, thank you very much! 🙏
Empowering a creation you love means increasing its visibility internationally. With this, it will receive more hearts and recognition. Every empowered creation will appear at the top of the Home Feed, in your profile as a “powered by me” and also in the ‘following’ wall of all the people who follow you
Your power is very powerful, use it to help the works that deserve it ⚡
Do you have any doubts?